We have five daughters:
- Portia [age 41] works in sales. She and her husband Scott, a writer, and their son Ashur [age 8] live in San Diego.
- Fiona [age 36] is an artist and teacher. Her husband Aaron is the Executive Director of Experiment In International Living in Brattleboro, VT. They have two children: Skye [age 11] and Iris [age 8].
- Courteny [age 29] manages a non profit in Berkeley, CA having just earned her MBA from Bainbridge Graduate institute.
- Emma [age 27] is a massage therapist and choreographer in Portland, OR.
- Madeline [age 22] is a graduate student in Library Science in Los Angeles.
- We also consider part of our family Sayo Ayodele, a Nigerian young woman, who lived with us for many years. Sayo has a Masters in International Relations from the London School of Economics, where she now lives and works for an international development organization.
Francis is now retired from professional life but worked by my side for many years as the Director of Religious Education for the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Frederick, MD. She has a BA from Indiana University and has done graduate work in Early Childhood Education at Bank Street College in New York.
We enjoy traveling, hiking, listening to live jazz, and building communities of love. We are blessed to retreat for a few weeks every summer to our family cabin off the coast of Maine. Our life is rich and we are completely dedicated to serving the cause of liberal religion.