We have five daughters:
- Portia [age 51] works in sales. She and her husband Scott, a writer, and their son Ashur [age 16] live in San Diego.
- Fiona [age 49] is an artist and teacher. Her husband Aaron is the Executive Consutlant. They have two children: Gabriel [age 18] and Iris [age 16].
- Courteny [age 37] manages watershed programs for the Commonwealth of MA after earning her MBA from Bainbridge Graduate institute.
- Emma [age 34] is a massage therapist and organic farmer in Asheville, NC
- Madeline [age 31] is an archivist at the National Archives in Washington, DC
- We also consider part of our family Sayo Ayodele, a Nigerian young woman, who lived with us for many years. Sayo has a Masters in International Relations from the London School of Economics, where she now lives and works for an international development organization. She lives with her husband and their son in London.
Francis is now retired from professional life but worked by my side for many years as the Director of Religious Education for the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Frederick, MD. She has a BA from Indiana University and has done graduate work in Early Childhood Education at Bank Street College in New York.
We enjoy traveling, hiking, listening to live jazz, and building communities of love. We are blessed to retreat for a few weeks every summer to our family cabin off the coast of Maine. Our life is rich and we are completely dedicated to serving the cause of liberal religion.